TXM Tortilla Press
Models: TXM (White), TXM-SS
Perfect for Medium to High Tortilla Volume Production.
- The TXM commercial manual dual-heat dough press is perfect for medium to high tortilla volume production. With the large 16″x20″ dual heated platens, you can press, flatten, or par bake 4-6 tortillas in seconds. The bottom platen is lightweight and easily swings out so that you can quickly load and unload. The TXM-SS is an easy, affordable way to improve your production time as well as your finished product. It is also great for pizza dough too!
The TXM Dual Heated Platens can help activate yeast for faster proofing and par baking. Pressed dough keeps air in the crust, unlike sheeted dough where the air is forced out of the crust. The TXM offers your Tortilla dough operators the ability to speed up your production with faster pressing times. Operators can consistently press thinner products faster than traditional methods.
- Digital time and temperature controls.
- Enables pressing thinner products.
- Flattens tortillas into all sizes up to 16″ in diameter.
- Illuminated power On/Off buttons switch.
- Sleek, modern, durable, and easy to clean design.
- Optional non-stick coated upper and lower platens.
- Full-range thickness adjustment from paper thin to 7/8”.
- CE, ETL and ETL Sanitation (to NSF Standards) listed.
- 31″H x 22″ W x 30″ D.
- Shipping Weight: 250 lbs.
- Electrical: 220 Volt/60 Hz, 3100 Watts, 15 Amps, 6-20P NEMA Plug.
- Temperature range: Off- 450°F, 232°C upper platen.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Heated Upper Platen
Variable Thickness Control
- Initial grill off for tortillas (fully grilling on press not recommended)
- Speeds up production (faster pressing times)
- Enables pressing thinner products
- Aids dough flow
- Allows dough to be pressed straight from refrigeration unit
- Makes it possible to achieve desired thickness and ensures consistent thickness at the same dough ball weight.
- 16”x20” platen allows for making variable tortilla sizes and thicknesses up to 16 inches in diameter. The size of the tortilla is determined by the weight of the dough ball and the thickness setting.
- Depends on the desired size of the tortilla:
9” to 16” = 100-150/hr.
7” to 9” = 200-300/hr.
6” or under = 400-600/hr.
- Recommended Time:
- Recommended Temperature:
- Presses require no skilled labor, unlike hand tossing
- Presses are safe and have no age requirements, unlike sheeters/rollers
- TXM is easy to use. Prepare dough balls, set temp/thickness, place dough ball in center of lower platen, and press the dough.
- Pressed dough is consistent in thickness and size vs. hand prepared where the thickness and size can be inconsistent.
- For best results, we recommend initial grill off of tortillas on dual-heated press and finish on DoughXpress Tortilla Warmer (TXW-1620, TXW-2025 or TXW-2540).
- Digital temperature control displays current reading
- Digital timer (count down begins automatically when platen lowers and resets after the platen raises)
- Full range thickness adjustment from paper thin to 7/8”
- Bottom swing out design saves space and is easier to use than top swinging models
- Illuminated On/Off switch
- Two start buttons for hands clear operation
- Heat indicating light that turns off when set temperature is reached
- Flattens dough balls into product up to 16” in diameter
- Stainless steel exterior with aluminum upper and lower platens
- Quick lube fitting for easy maintenance
- Sleek, modern, durable, easy to clean design
- Emergency stop button
- Non-stick PTFE coated upper and lower platens
- White powder coated white finish
- ETL Electrical Safety (UL and CSA Standards)
- ETL Sanitation (to NSF Standards)
Recommended Cleaning Instructions
- Wipe down with a moist towel. If needed, use damp sponge with minimal soap and water and then dry off.
Dimensions Width: 22-1/2 inches, 57.2 centimeters
Height: 31-3/8 inches, 79.7 centimeters
Depth: 30-7/8 inches, 78.4 centimeters
Weight Shipping: 250 lbs. Electrical 220 Volt / 60 Hz
15 Amps / Single Phase
6-20P NEMA Plug
Temperature Range Off-450°F, 232°C upper platen
TXM-SS (Stainless Steel)