TXM-20 Tortilla Press
Great for Low to Medium Tortilla Production Volumes.
The efficient, economical, and durable TXM-20 is perfect for low to medium production volumes. It is fast, safe, simple, and mess-free. The TXM-20 features a 16” x 20” platen that is capable of making six tortillas at once. The TXM-20 press is great for both flour and corn tortillas and flatbreads. The clamshell design with upper and lower heated platens provides a quick and easy way to flatten your flour tortillas, corn tortillas, pizza dough, or flatbread dough.
- Digital time and temperature controls.
- Enables pressing thinner products.
- Flattens tortillas into all sizes up to 16″ in diameter.
- Illuminated power On/Off switch.
- Sleek, modern, durable, and easy to clean design.
- Optional non-stick coated upper and lower platens.
- Full-range thickness adjustment from paper thin to 7/8”.
- CE, ETL and ETL Sanitation (to NSF Standards) listed.
- 15″ H x 16″ W x 31″ D.
- Shipping Weight: 113 lbs.
- Electrical: 220 Volts/ 50-60 Hz, 3100 Watts, 15 Amps, 6-20P NEMA plug.
- Temperature Range: Off – 450°F, 232°C upper platen.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Dual Heated Platens
Variable Thickness Control
- Initial grill off for tortillas (fully grilling on press not recommended)
- Speeds up production (faster pressing times)
- Enables pressing thinner products
- Aids dough flow
- Allows dough to be pressed straight from refrigeration unit
- Makes it possible to achieve desired thickness and ensures consistent thickness at the same dough ball weight.
- 16”x20” platen allows for making variable tortilla sizes and thicknesses up to 16 inches in diameter. The size of the tortilla is determined by the weight of the dough ball and the thickness setting.
- Depends on the desired size of the tortilla…
9” to 16” = 75-100/hr.
7” to 9” = 150-200/hr.
6” or under = 300-400/hr.
- Recommended Time:
- Recommended Temperature:
- Presses require no skilled labor, unlike hand tossing
- Presses are safe and have no age requirements, unlike sheeters/rollers
- TXM-20 is easy to use. Prepare dough balls, set temp/thickness, place dough ball in center of lower platen, and press the dough.
- Pressed dough is consistent in thickness and size, unlike hand prepared where the thickness and size can be inconsistent.
- For best results, we recommend initial grill off of tortillas on dual-heated press and finish on DoughXpress Tortilla Warmer (TXW-1620, TXW-2025 or TXW-2540).
- Digital temperature control displays current reading
- Digital timer (count down begins automatically when platen lowers and resets after the platen raises)
- Full range thickness adjustment from paper thin to 7/8”
- Easy to use open and close handle
- Illuminated On/Off switch
- Clam shell design allows for easy loading and unloading of dough
- Heat indicating light that turns off when set temperature is reached
- Flattens dough balls into product up to 16” in diameter
- Powder coated white finish with aluminum upper and lower platens
- Non-stick PTFE coated upper and lower platens
- ETL Electrical Safety (UL and CSA Standards)
- ETL Sanitation (to NSF Standards)
Recommended Cleaning Instructions
- Wipe down with a moist towel. If needed, use damp sponge with minimal soap and water and then dry off
Dimensions Width: 16 inches, 40.6 centimeters
Height: 15 inches, 38.1 centimeters
Depth: 31 inches, 78.74 centimeters
Weight Shipping: 113 lbs. Electrical 220 Volt / 50-60 Hz
6-20P NEMA Plug
Temperature Range Off-450°F, 232°C upper & platen