Models: DXE (white), DXE-SS
The Best Semi-Automatic Press in the Industry.
- The DXE-SS electromechanical stainless steel model automatically presses dough balls up to an 18″ pizza without the use of hydraulics or an accessory air compressor, saving you valuable space for enhanced efficiency. The DXE-SS has easy-to-use controls that require virtually no training. Set your time, temperature, and thickness, and it will give you consistent results every time.
Dough flow is important, and this unit’s Upper Platens are heated to aid in dough flow. This unit allows dough to be pressed straight from refrigeration, keeping the dough from shrinking back. The heated platen keeps the dough from sticking to the upper platen and will help activate yeast for faster proofing, if desired.
The DXE-SS Variable Thickness Control makes it possible to achieve desired thickness and ensures consistent thickness at the same dough ball weight. The DXE-SS requires no skilled labor, unlike hand tossing. Our presses are safe and have no age requirements, unlike sheet/roller equipment. The DXE-SS is one of the easiest presses to use and operate.
To operate, prepare dough ball, set temp and thickness, center the dough ball on the lower platen, and press the dough. Plus, the DXE-SS is easy to clean. To clean, wipe down with a moist towel or sponge (with minimal soap) and towel dry. The right amount of support for your pizza operations.
- Digital time and temperature controls.
- Bottom swing out design saves space and is easier to use than top swinging models.
- Flattens dough balls into pizzas up to 18″ in diameter.
- Illuminated On/Off switch.
- Two start buttons for hands clear operation.
- Sleek, modern, durable, and easy-to-clean design.
- Optional non-stick coated upper and lower platens.
- Emergency stop button.
- Full range thickness adjustment from paper thin to 7/8”.
- ETL and ETL Sanitation listed.
- 25″H x 18″ W x 24″ D.
- Shipping Weight: 250 lbs.
- Electrical: 120 Volt/ 60 Hz, 1150 Watts, 10 Amps, 5-15P NEMA Plug.
- Temperature Range: Off- 200°F, 93°C upper platen.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Heated Upper Platen
Variable Thickness Control
- Aids dough flow
- Allows dough to be pressed straight from refrigeration unit
- Helps keep dough from shrinking back
- Keeps dough from sticking to upper platen
- Will help activate yeast for faster proofing if desired
- Makes it possible to achieve desired thickness and ensures consistent thickness at the same dough ball weight.
- 18” platen allows for making variable crust sizes and thickness up to 18 inches. The size of the crust is determined by the weight of the dough ball and the thickness setting.
- Depends on the desired size of the crust:
9” to 18” = 150-200/hr.
7” to 9” = 300-400/hr.
6” or under = 600-800/hr.
- Recommended Time:
Warm dough, moderate to high
Cold dough, moderate
Cold dough, small amount of
- Recommended Temperature:
- Presses require no skilled labor, unlike hand tossing.
- Presses are safe and have no age requirements, unlike sheeters/rollers.
- DXE-SS is easy to use. Prepare dough balls, set temp/thickness, place dough ball in center of lower platen and press the dough.
- Pressed dough keeps air in the crust, unlike sheeted dough where the air is forced out of the crust. Pressed dough is consistent in thickness and size, unlike hand tossed where the thickness and size can be inconsistent.
- Digital temperature control displays current reading
- Digital timer (count down begins automatically when platen lowers and resets after the platen raises)
- Full range thickness adjustment from paper thin to 7/8”
- Bottom swing out design saves space and is easier to use than top swinging models
- Illuminated On/Off switch
- Two start buttons for hands clear operation
- Heat indicating light that turns off when set temperature is reached
- Flattens dough balls into pizzas up to 18” in diameter
- Stainless steel exterior with aluminum upper and lower platens
- Sleek, modern, durable, easy to clean design
- Emergency stop button
- Non-stick PTFE coated upper and lower platens
- Powder coated white finish
- ETL Sanitation
Recommended Cleaning Instructions
- Wipe down with a moist towel. If needed, use damp sponge with minimal soap and water and then dry off.
Dimensions Width: 18 3/16 inches, 46.2 centimeters
Height: 25-1/8 inches, 63.8 centimeters
Depth: 24-11/16 inches, 62.7 centimeters
Weight Shipping: 250 lbs Electrical 120 Volt/60 Hz | 220 Volt/60 Hz
1150 Watts | 1150 Watts
10 Amps | 9 Amps
Standard 5-15P NEMA Plug on 120v
6-15P NEMA Plug on 220v
Air 100-130 PSI Inlet, 1 CFM
See Compressor Specifications (Separate).
Temperature Range Off-200°F, 93°C upper platen
DXE-SS (Stainless Steel)