DXA-SS Air Automatic
Looking to increase your pizza dough production without adding more labor?
- The DXA-SS commercial air-automatic pizza dough press is perfect for high production volumes (150-200/hr). The DXA-SS dough press is an easy, affordable way to improve your production time as well as your finished product.
The DXA-SS is constructed of heavy-duty stainless steel and is a swing-away design with an upper heated platen. A dual push button start makes it the fastest and easiest semi-automatic press in the industry. The DXA-SS air-automatic stainless steel model is the fastest and easiest pizza press to use. The DXA-SS requires 60% less air and energy, allowing you to use a smaller compressor.
The DXA-SS is the most efficient and cost effective way to produce uniform shape, thickness, and perfectly round pizza dough – leaving your hands free to keep your business moving forward. Set your time, temperature, and thickness, and it will give you consistent results every time. It is a mess-free (no flour needed) alternative to hand tossing or sheeting/rolling your pizza dough.
- Digital time and temperature controls.
- Bottom swing out design saves space and is easier to use than top swinging models.
- Flattens dough balls into pizzas up to 18″ in diameter.
- Illuminated power On/Off switch.
- Two start buttons for hands clear operation.
- Sleek, modern, durable, easy to clean design.
- Optional non-stick coated upper and lower platens.
- Emergency stop button.
- Stainless steel exterior with aluminum upper and lower platens.
- Full range thickness adjustment from paper thin to 7/8”
- NSF, ETL, and ETL Canadian Standard listed.
- 25″H x 18″ W x 24″ D.
- Shipping Weight: 250 lbs.
- Electrical: 120 Volt/ 60 Hz, 1200 Watts, 10 Amps, 5-15P NEMA Plug.
- Air: 100-130 PSI Inlet, 1 CFM.
- Temperature Range: Off- 200°F, 93°C upper platen.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Heated Upper Platen
Variable Thickness Control
- Aids dough flow
- Allows dough to be pressed straight from refrigeration unit
- Helps keep dough from shrinking back
- Keeps dough from sticking to upper platen
- Will help activate yeast for faster proofing if desired
- Makes it possible to achieve desired thickness and ensures consistent thickness at the same dough ball weight.
- 18” platen allows for making variable crust sizes and thickness up to 18 inches. The size of the crust is determined by the weight of the dough ball and the thickness setting.
- Depends on the desired size of the crust:
9” to 18” = 150-200/hr.
7” to 9” = 300-400/hr.
6” or under = 600-800/hr.
- Recommended Time:
Warm dough, moderate to high
Cold dough, moderate
Cold dough, small amount of
- Recommended Temperature:
- Presses require no skilled labor, unlike hand tossing.
- Presses are safe and have no age requirements, unlike sheeters/rollers.
- DXA-SS Air Automatic is easy to use. Prepare dough balls, set temp/thickness, place dough ball in center of lower platen and press the dough.
- Pressed dough keeps air in the crust, unlike sheeted dough where the air is forced out of the crust. Pressed dough is consistent in thickness and size, unlike hand tossed where the thickness and size can be inconsistent.
- Digital temperature control displays current reading
- Digital timer (count down begins automatically when platen lowers and resets after the platen raises)
- Full-range thickness adjustment from paper thin to 7/8”
- Bottom swing out design saves space and is easier to use than top swinging models
- Illuminated On/Off switch
- Two start buttons for hands clear operation
- Heat indicating light that turns off when set temperature is reached
- Flattens dough balls into pizzas up to 18” in diameter
- Stainless steel exterior with aluminum upper and lower platens
- Sleek, modern, durable, easy to clean design
- Emergency stop button
- Non-stick PTFE coated upper and lower platens
- Powder coated white finish
- NSF Listed
- ETL Canadian Standard
Recommended Cleaning Instructions
- Wipe down with a moist towel. If needed, use damp sponge with minimal soap and water and then dry off.
Dimensions Width: 18 3/16 inches, 46.2 centimeters
Height: 25-1/8 inches, 63.8 centimeters
Depth: 24-11/16 inches, 62.7 centimeters
Weight Shipping: 250 lbs Electrical 120 Volt/60 Hz | 220 Volt/60 Hz
1200 Watts | 1200 Watts
10 Amps | 9 Amps
Standard 5-15P NEMA Plug on 120v
6-15P NEMA Plug on 220v
Air 100-130 PSI Inlet, 1 CFM
See Compressor Specifications (Separate).
Temperature Range Off-200°F, 93°C upper platen