A Simple, Manual Pizza Dough Press for Low to Medium Production Volume.
- The DM-18 is an economic manual pizza dough press that is perfect for low to medium production volumes (75-100/hr). It is a fast, safe, simple, mess-free (no flour needed) alternative to hand tossing or sheeting/rolling your pizza dough. The DM-18 is an easy, affordable way to improve your production time as well as your finished product. The DM-18 is a clamshell design with an upper heated platen.
The DM-18 is a quick, safe way to flatten your pizza dough without the need for flour, multiple pass dough rollers, and best of all – no skilled labor. The Variable Thickness Control ensures that your operators are consistently making dough to a specific thickness.
- Digital time and temperature controls.
- Flattens dough balls into pizzas up to 18″ in diameter.
- Illuminated On/Off switch.
- Optional non-stick coated upper and lower platens.
- Full-range thickness adjustment from paper thin to 7/8”.
- ETL and ETL Sanitation listed.
- 15″ H x 18″ W x 28″ D.
- Press Weight: 92 lbs.
- Electrical: 120 volts/60 Hz, 1150 Watts, 9.8 Amps, 5-15P NEMA Plug.
- Temperature Range: Off – 200°F, 93°C upper platen.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Heated Upper Platen
Variable Thickness Control
- Aids dough flow
- Allows dough to be pressed straight from refrigeration unit
- Helps keep dough from shrinking back
- Keeps dough from sticking to upper platen
- Will help activate yeast for faster proofing if desired
- Makes it possible to achieve desired thickness and ensures consistent thickness at the same dough ball weight.
- 18” platen allows for making variable crust sizes and thickness up to 18 inches. The size of the crust is determined by the weight of the dough ball and the thickness setting.
- Depends on the desired size of the crust:
9” to 18” = 75-100/hr.
7” to 9” = 150-200/hr.
6” or under = 300-400/hr.
- Recommended Time:
Warm dough, moderate to high yeast…2 seconds
Cold dough, moderate yeast…4-6 seconds
Cold dough, small amount of yeast…8 seconds
- Recommended Temperature:
- Presses require no skilled labor, unlike hand tossing.
- Presses are safe and have no age requirements, unlike sheeters/rollers.
- DM-18 is easy to use. Prepare dough balls, set temp/thickness, place dough ball in center of lower platen and press the dough.
- Pressed dough keeps air in the crust, unlike sheeted dough where the air is forced out of the crust. Pressed dough is consistent in thickness and size, unlike hand tossed where the thickness and size can be inconsistent.
- Digital temperature control displays current reading
- Digital timer (count down begins automatically when platen lowers and resets after the platen raises)
- Full range thickness adjustment from paper thin to 7/8”
- Heat indicating light that turns off when set temperature is reached
- Flattens dough balls into pizzas up to 18” in diameter
- Powder coated white finish with aluminum upper and lower platens
- Non-stick PTFE coated upper and lower platens
- ETL Sanitation
Recommended Cleaning Instructions
- Wipe down with a moist towel. If needed, use damp sponge with minimal soap and water and then dry off.
Dimensions Width: 18 inches, 45.7 centimeters
Height: 15 inches, 38.1 centimeters
Depth: 28-1/8 inches, 71.44 centimeters
Weight Press Only: 92 lbs. Electrical 120 Volt/60 Hz | 220 Volt~/60 Hz
1150 Watts | 1150 Watts
9.8 Amps | 4.9Amps
Standard 5-15P NEMA Plug on 120v
6-15P NEMA Plug on 220v
Temperature Range Off-200℉, 93℃ upper platen